Still reverbing along but it's time for the annual roundup first created by the ever awesome Linda.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before? Well. I've worked in pubic service before and I've moved before so does it count that I did them again? I can't even say parallel parking because I'd technically done it twice before February. Hmm.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Oh, of course not. I will poach an egg in 2013!
3. Did anyone close to you have a child? J had J in May and I finally got to squish him over Christmas.
4. Did anyone close to you die? I don't think so.
5. Where did you travel? Jersey Shore (again! [hopefully always]), Houston, NJ multiple times, moved to Bmore, Winchester, Gettysburg, Philadelphia...I think that's everything.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? New glasses
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory? I don't remember the day but getting the call in early Jan about the job. The week around Feb 27th. August 12th.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Progress in parallel parking.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not finding someway to reconcile being active with the new commute/job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Thank goodness, nothing major.
11. What was the best thing you bought? If it helps my heating bill, the fusing to put along some of the door cracks.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My head was at times beyond its usual level of spinning drama so I don't know if I'm more grateful to my existing family/friends who took it in stride or the new people in my life who enjoy me both in spite of and because of my brain.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Red SUV jerkwad at the intersection.
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent and subway sandwiches
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My amazing present from T&B. A boy. The TSO concert.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Cheeseburger in Paradise
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier [so much], fatter [headdesk], hmmm definitely less liquid but overall richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Done more situationally hard things (logistics, parking), exercised.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Complain.
20. How did you spend Christmas? It was a delightful day at the parents. Luckily, always has been, hopefully, always will be.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012? In addition to Wilson Bethel, even.
22. What was your favorite TV program? New Girl
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope.
24. What was the best book you read? Night Circus
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? That I still remember how to (barely) play Heart and Soul on the piano.
26. What did you want and get? Job, apartment, super fantastic and really wonderful guy.
28. What did you want and not get? This stupid purse that I should have just bought and will probably now stalk on Ebay for years because am a annoying combination of stubborn toddler and stubborn puppy.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? I saw 3 movies in the theater and enjoyed none of them as much as watching Love, Actually.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 31. Spent midnight hanging out with my friend N, had Italian cooked for me. Was quiet but really nice and I felt happy in Bmore.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A way to balance the commute with my personal responsibilities. [Piles of paper on the coffee table fling themselves under the couch, laughing]
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? The train station is cold.
33. What kept you sane? Anytime minutes and unlimited text
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Wilson Bethel. He still makes me swoony.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? I can't even
36. Who did you miss? Tilly
37. Who was the best new person you met? My life is immeasurably better for having J in it and N&S are undeniably fantastic.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012. Never underestimate the benefit of food and conversation, whether weekly lunch or holiday tables or 10 mile coffee walks.